Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Eye of Nature

I had an idea today that really excited me. I have always been fascinated with the eye...human and animals. Even as a young child I have always found myself getting lost gazing into the eye of another being. So while snapping photo's at a local Botanical Garden, it occurred to me that I could possibly explore the combining of human eye into various parts of nature, such as a flower, tree, or animal. The first step was to see what others may have already done with this. I did a random google search and became very inspired by what I saw.



I then expanded on this idea to include more of our "senses," (this would be sight) but I wondered how I might show smell, touch, hearing, and taste ...and a step even further would include other possible senses such as intuition, balance, thirst, hunger, etc.
Hmmmnnn.....
Here is one of my renditions:

...and another one with my 9 year old Congo African Grey Parrot ("Willy-Chaz" and my own eyeball:



No comments:

Post a Comment